- All passengers are responsible for complying with border formalities.
- All passengers (children and infants included), as well as animals, must have a passport or identity card and a ticket.
- Please note that a driver’s license is not a correct identification document for international travelling and will not be accepted.
- Should it be required, it also is the obligation of the passenger to have a Visa Entry Permission for Italy or Croatia.
- Venezia Lines is not responsible in the event that the passenger is not allowed to embark at the point of origin or to disembark at the port of destination due to lack of the necessary documents including Visas or non-observance of formalities by the passenger.
- In such instances the passenger shall compensate Venezia Lines for any eventual damages and expenses including the issuance of a return ticket, if this is applicable.
BACK TO TOP
In Venice and all Croatian Ports, check-in starts 60 minutes before departure and closes is 15 minutes before departure.
Before departure passengers should ensure that no variations have taken place concerning the vessel’s time and date of sailing indicated on the ticket. Therefore a booking confirmation 24 hrs before departure both on the outgoing and the incoming voyages are recommended.
Passenegrs are reminded that if for any reason they fail to perform check-in or board the vessel in the times stipulated baove, their ticket is automatically cancelled and not refundable.
Passengers purchasing one way or return tickets (excluding Day trip tickets – returning in the same day) are entitled to carry:
- The above items of luggage are included in the ticket price and do not need to be announced at booking stage.
- Excess luggage can be booked at booking stage at an additional cost of €10.00 per luggage per leg or during check-in at an additional cost of €20.00 per luggage per leg.
- There is no checked/hand luggage allowance for infants. However, one fully collapsible pushchair per infant may be carried free of charge.
- Additional infant equipment such as car/booster seats and travel cot may be carried in addition to your personal checked-in luggage allowance and will be subject to additional charges should your regular allowance be exceeded.
- Bicycles are not to be considered as luggage even if they are carried in appropriate bags/luggage and are subject to an additional cost of €10.00 per bicycle. Bicycles must be reserved at booking stage and availability cannot be guaranteed during check-in if the bicycle is unannounced.
- All luggage should have name tags attached to them for identification purposes.
- When departing from Croatia all luggage including the check in luggage must be carried by the passenger through the border control.
- When departing from Venice, check in luggage is to be deposited at the check in desk and will be taken by the port security for screening, this will be deposited directly on the vessel. Hand luggage is to be taken by the passenger when passing through the security gates and border control.
- On arrival at your destination the luggage will be deposited by the company’s crew alongside the vessel and should be collected by the passenger before proceeding to border control. The luggage will be ready for collection after all passengers have disembarked with the exception of the luggage from passengers travelling in the VIP saloon. Such items of luggage will be deposited first unless local authorities impose otherwise.
- Luggage should be handled by the company’s crew at all times and passengers are not permitted to remove their own luggage from the designated luggage compartments found on the vessel.
- For security reasons passengers are only allowed to take to their seats small baggage items such as handbags, briefcase, laptop, shop purchases, camera bags. All other items including bulkier hand luggage is to given to the crew in order to be deposited in the luggage compartments reserved on the vessel.
- When travelling on a Day trip ticket (Istria-Venice-Istria or vice versa) returning in the same day, passengers are not entitled to carry any check in luggage, but are only entitled to carry one hand luggage as per indicated above. Should a passenger travelling with a day trip ticket, present himself at time of check-in with more than 1 (one) item of luggage and is not within the limitations of the hand luggage dimensions and weight indicated above, The Company automatically deduces that the passenger is travelling one way and reserves the right to charge for the price difference (if applicable) between a day trip and one way ticket price as well as extra luggage charges.
- Bulky luggage or accompanied cargo may be carried at the discretion of the Master of the vessel and is subject to a higher charge in accordance with a set tariff.
- Only luggage containing passenger’s personal effects will be accepted as luggage.
- Unaccompanied luggage is forbidden.
- The Company is not responsible for loss of or wilful damage to luggage.
- In the interest of safety, The Company may destroy any unaccompanied luggage or luggage left behind after disembarkation.